Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Who Let That Kid Out Of The House?



I would feel bad for the people around me if
I left the house in these without anything over them.
They are, however, awesome for Garbha Pindasana. Get some.
      I am an adult. If I choose to leave the house in my “last resort workout shorts” a.k.a. “didn’t have a chance to do laundry before I ran out of the shorts that I feel are comfortably long enough to cover my entire butt when I am in precarious yoga postures shorts,” it is on my shoulders; I reap the consequences. This RARELY happens, but for argument’s sake, let’s say I did go out dressed so inappropriately. Possible negative outcomes of this action are staring, laughing, rude comments, whistles, or even groping (which would be unfortunate for that jerk because I have a punching/slapping/kicking reflex). All of these things, while out of line and unacceptable, I would knowingly shoulder as risk because I would be the responsible adult dressed like a fool. What happens when the fool is a child?
      Who let’s a kid leave the house dressed like that? Who let’s a kid in the house dressed like that? Who let’s a kid dress like that? Who is RESPONSIBLE for the maybe 12 year old girl I saw in Starbucks today wearing white jean shorts that DID NOT cover her bum? She was NOT an adult. She IS A CHILD. And the world is FULL of pervs. Ask Olivia Benson. I am not a parent and I already spend a great deal of time worrying about who is taking care of all of these kids! It doesn’t seem like a great deal of parents are actually paying attention.
            Okay so some people would say, “Oh well she dresses one way and then she changes her clothes at school or her friends’ houses.” I’ve already discussed with a friend how if that were to happen to a child of our own, those clothes they brought to school to change into wouldn’t even BE in the house. It’s a very simple thing to fix. You go into the kid’s room, with them, and you get all of the inappropriate garments. Then you get in the car together and drive to the closest dumpster. Then, the child gets to watch as you throw ALLLLL of the strumpet’s things IN the dumpster. SIMPLE SOLUTION. Your child does not need to own clothing that makes her look like she’s practicing to become a ho.
so your kid wants to look like this? well, i
wanted spandex biker shorts in 1987.
my mom said no. GOOD JOB, MOM!
            I hear Miley Cyrus did something foul on the VMA’s this weekend. For once I FINALLY missed something. I hope to keep it that way. Trash like this young female does not have to be the role model for your child. In the words of Nancy Reagan, “Just Say No.” Don’t let your kids watch/listen/read that shit. Maybe it’s difficult for you, the parent, but who said being a parent was easy? Didn’t you ever hear the about the sentiment that sometimes the right thing to do is the hardest? Have you thought about the fact that in five or so years when your daughter is in high school or in college and she no longer looks like a child and someone stares, laughs, makes a rude comment, whistles, or worse, attacks her, that the responsibility for these consequences is now on YOUR hands – YOU – THE PARENT. I’m not saying that whoever commits a crime or indecent act is beyond reproach. No, no, no. Put the blame where it is due.
If the world were perfect, people could wear what ever they wanted and stay out of harm’s way. What I would like to point out is that we do not live in a perfect world. We live in a world full of sick ducks – to quote autocorrect. Look at that jerk mayor of San Diego! Do you think he would look the other way if your teenage daughter went to his office on a school field trip wearing her best pair of short shorts? I think not.
            A difference between a 3 inch inseam and 0 inseam is not going to make a child suffer heat stroke. Watching your child walk out the door to see what they’re wearing may make you late for work, however. Wouldn’t you rather be late for work today than have your daughter taken advantage of tomorrow? 

No comments:

Post a Comment