Friday, August 16, 2013

It's Fashion Friday!:Why Didn't Anyone Come Do My Laundry?


          How is it than in a world where every convenience is available at the push of a button, no one has created disposable clothing? I’m not talking about some sort of hospital johnnie or edible underwear – I mean something that would rectify the problem that it’s 9:23pm, I’m exhausted, don’t want to do laundry, and don’t have anything to wear to work tomorrow. Sure, I have a closet full of pretty dresses and low cut Helmut Lang blouses, but I can’t wear those to my day job! I work in a pipe shop! (And no, not some sort of smoke or bong shop – a lot of musicians read this blog so clarification is necessary – stainless steel pipe – think construction, concrete floors, burly men, foul language, and OSHA violations).
            I shit you not, the only shirt I have clean to wear is a t-shirt I bought in Cuba 14 years ago. I checked yesterday. I almost had to wear it today, but then I found a clean shirt hiding under some workout clothes. I just want to be able to go and get some sort of tailored garment made out of a sturdy, not itchy material, which looks decent enough that no one would make fun of me. Tailored Tyvek. BAM. Consider it copyrighted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment