Friday, April 19, 2013

It's Fashion Friday!: I Need A Break, Detour Enclosed

           I'm really tired. It's been a long week. The last thing I want to do right now is write a superficial editorial about overpriced textiles. Since I started this blog, I haven't missed a single Tuesday or Friday - so I'm giving myself a sick day and I'm sending you elsewhere. (And on a totally unrelated note, I would like to share with you that I just got chocolate stuck in the tiny, tiny crack between the touchpad of my laptop and the aluminum part. Does ANYONE know how to get that out?)

           I want you to go and look at this: What Ali Wore

His eyes beam joy.
This photo journal, by photographer Zoe Spawton, catalogs the ensemble choices of her 83-year old Turkish friend Ali, on his way to work in Berlin. Her photographs are charismatic and capture the sweetness of their friendship through Ali's eyes and postures. Additionally, he is one stylish guy. As she is Australian and is not a native German speaker, Spawton admits that their communication is not easy. This reminds me so much of the lovely time I had with the Italian woman I met in Lugano in September, who very well may have been Ali's age. Sometimes the unspoken communication we have is even more valuable than the words we speak. Isn't it just wonderful that these two were able to turn his style and her life's passion into a catalyst for the kind of friendship the world needs more of? 

No comments:

Post a Comment