Friday, November 9, 2012

It's Fashion Friday!: If You Wear Your Bedding, Napping Is Easy

This is what I have on. And,
I look just as silly.

            It’s time. The temperature has arrived. It is cold enough for me to start tying myself up in a down comforter. This may sound like an awkward task, but by the grace of the Scandia Down bedding company, I actually own bedding that I can tie on to my body. Nothing like walking around looking like a bed. It’s very confusing for my cat. Down robes might be one of the finest ideas ever to find their way to the consumer market. I know people are really into Snuggies. Let’s face it though, if you’re going to look like an idiot, you might as well do it in luxury.
            The robe I am wearing at this moment is quilted of 300 thread count Egyptian cotton, filled with 500 fill white European goose down, with three side ties (which I appreciate much more than the one middle waist belt), and comes almost all the way down to my ankles. I look like a distant cousin of the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. And sadly for you, this robe is no longer available for purchase.
            I wouldn’t leave you high and dry like that though. I’m not a vindictive or spiteful person. There are PLENTY of down robes on the market. And I do believe that this is one of those things that it’s the concept that matters, not the maker. As long as it’s filled with feathers and covers your body, it’s a win! So let me assist you in dressing yourself like a chilly-no-more-nutball for this winter season.
Eddie Bauer $199.95
            Eddie Bauer has one with 850 fill! That’s going to be ultra warm. It looks nice and comfy with a terry knit lining, and they’re advertising one size fits all, so I’m imagining it’s pretty roomy. The downside to this one is it’s dry clean only. I’m starting to think that designers should pay ME when I buy their dry clean only clothes. The unwashable clothing club is becoming a bit out of control.
Warm Things $104.99
            This one by Warm Things is 550 fill with a 300 thread count (much like mine). No word on the cleaning instructions, but this one is HALF the price coming in on sale at $104.99. And guess what, guys, it’s UNISEX. So, you too, can look like a puffed up loony tune. Six color choices and five sizes. For a little bit more money, ladies can purchase one from this same company that comes with matching slippers
            The beauty from Lands’ End, however, actually looks masculine. And it looks like I want to wear it. (Would it be excessive to own more than one of these things?) This might be the winner-take-all down robe because it is lined with flannel. Yes you read that correctly. Maybe Belinda Carlisle was right and heaven really is a place on earth. If I put that one on, I don’t think I would ever leave the house. The down fill is 450. It’s a nice median price at $149.
Lands'  End $149
            Now these may seem a bit pricey, but let me remind you, you are effectively buying bedding to wear. And once you start wearing it, it will change your life. You will find yourself turning the heat down just so you can wear your robe. You will look forward to winter, if you didn’t before. You might even find yourself lying down in random places around the house and going to sleep. It’s probably the closest you’ll get to living the life of your cat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment